Tuesday 18 February 2020

Still On Short Walks



I'm still not up to walking for miles, and I guess a little fatigue is setting in after the last couple of weeks. Mind you I shouldn't complain, my head has been pretty good since the Suffolk trip. I know from experience that sitting indoors doesn't help and if I can swallow some pills and go out then I must... well I did! 
"Fatigue is experienced by everyone at some point after a period of physical or mental activity and is a signal from our bodies telling us to take a break. ‘Normal’ fatigue is time-limited and alleviated by rest, whereas ‘pathological’ fatigue, such as that experienced following brain injury, may be present most of the time. It may not improve with rest and is likely to significantly impact on people being able to do the activities they want to do.
Many people experience fatigue following brain injury, but the underlying causes are still poorly understood. Fatigue may be a result of direct damage to brain structures or due to other factors such as needing to make more effort to think or move......."