Wednesday 26 February 2020

No Scan Photos

I've been waiting all day for the scan photos to come through .. so I have just messaged Lowisa who took the ultrasound. She sent them through .. but damn she sent them to the old e.mail address and that doesn't exist anymore. So now I have to wait till tomorrow. Poo
Anyway I can't wait that long to share the news - it looks like there are about 8 puppies. We saw a lot today, 5 together in one area so who knows how many in total. From her early distended belly I knew in my gut that she was carrying a big litter. I've no memory of seeing that enlargement so early in my bitches before. Though of course my memory of Nikki and Krizzie's large litters are not that clear and sadly I did not document details like I do now.
Anyway I now know to start gradually increasing Sammi's food at the weekend, only by 10% to start off with but then we'll gradually increase it further. Only one of my bitches would have 3 puppies at 3 years old and be expecting maybe three times that many at 6 years old ... mind you with my health I was probably only capable of looking after 3 in 2016. With hindsight we did mate Sammi at least 2 days too late then though, the ova would I'm sure have been dying by then ... so we were lucky to get the three and even more lucky to have little Miss K in there. Talking of the letter K - this will be the Blanik K litter - good thing I already have a list!