Friday 6 April 2018

Vet and Gyrn Goch

Poor Loki had a sore bottom. I've been keeping an eye on it for the best part of the week and thought the bathing and cream was working, but last night he was smelly so I knew a vet visit was necessary. His right anal gland was full and infected .. smelly and sore bless him. Anyway antibiotics and pain killers now for a week. The vet suggested he had been in discomfort and must have been licking his bum a lot, well no not at all.. though obviously I can't tell if he was in discomfort, dogs are so stoic you never can tell can you. Anyway nothing more sinister going on, no signs of the dreaded A.F which is what always worries us when a GSD has a bottom problem! 
On the way home we stopped at Gyrn Goch for a special treat for the boys ... 
The Sun was the wrong side so the photo is dark,  but I thought it was a great spot to stop and stare. 
At the vets I was given Ross' report, it reads ...
"There is nothing obvious on the radiographs. Given the breed and age, differentials would include panosteitis and elbow dysplasia." 
It then goes on to explain the difference in each condition and make the suggestions I copied into my previous post.