Tuesday 28 June 2016

Today's Gold Star

Goes to Jezi! 
 Toddling along a single track road at "Finlay pace" gives Jezi and Nico more time to run about, but also more time for mischief. Concentrating on him I jumped out of my skin when Jezi seemed to flush out what I thought was an injured pigeon from the undergrowth. I quickened my pace to have a look at the bird that had just made it over the wall into neighboring fields. Shit, it was a duck, a female duck. What the hell was it doing up here? I turned to look at Jezi who was standing cocking her head left to right and realised she had a brood of ducklings between her front paws. Suddenly they panicked and started running in all directions. I grabbed Jezi, pulled her away and tied her to the fence. Finlay continued eating sheep poo and Nico came to investigate. Four of the little ones made it under the wall through to the field, the other two ran up and down along the bottomof the the wall calling for their mum. I had to help, but I hate nettles! lol. Anyway I eventually got hold of them and helped them over the wall into the field. OMG they were so beautiful. My heart wanted to kiss and cuddle them, but my head was thankfully in reasonable working order, so I put them straight over the wall. So stars to all three Baniks for good behaviour, but a huge gold one for Jezi who was excellent!