Thursday 9 June 2016

Another Reminder!

When you have an incontinent dog ... don't walk around barefoot in the mornings! Even though you may think you've cleaned up properly during the night, at that ungodly hour you've probably missed something, and your bound to "find" it in the morning. I was up with Finlay at 4am and just after 6am, both times he had slept through his poo, but the smell soon wakes us up. Family members have suggested he should sleep in another room, but we disagree. Whilst he is with us we wake up and clean up, if he was in another room it would be left for hours and whist he toddles around .. as he does he'd probably walk through it, or even lie in it. No it's not pleasant, but he's firm and it's easy to clean ... just a fact of life of dealing with and looking after an old dog .. even if he doesn't like you!!!
I can't believe the improvement in Nico's ears after just over week of using coconut oil on them. The cider vinegar made a huge difference but it wasn't quite clearing. Now the skin looks almost perfect and his hair is even starting to grow back. Gail did point out the risk of using it during sunny weather so I've been putting it on at night only .. and adding it to his meals. It's actually quite funny getting it on his ears when all he wants to do is eat it! Most of them love it .. I even have trouble keeping Junior's head out of the pot when I'm adding it to the dog meals. I'm going to stop the Yumega and Keepers Mix now and give them the coconut oil as it has so many health benefits ... I'm even slowly adding some to Tali's food as it's good for digestion! (And yes I've got us some to replace cooking oils/fats too - thought I had a bargain at £2.99 for 300ml in Aldi, till I found it for £1.99 for 500ml in tesco!)
Mikey is still the same .. coughing a little bit not excessively. As you can see from the photo he was great on the walk yesterday and does still seem fine in himself. Like I said I'll give him a few days and hope the 2 things are not connected!