Tuesday 7 June 2016

Just A Little Moan!

As I arrived at the vets for my appointment yesterday I was told the vet had gone out and would be back in a few minutes! There was no point in any of the others seeing Mikey as they hadn't seen the lump/growth to know what it was like previously. Anyway within minutes he was back. As I got Mikey out of the van I became aware that the vet was behind me, he did jump a little as Mikey flew out of the van ... Mikey Mikey has no manners!
Instead of taking Mikey into the consultation room he continued to examine him outside, no I didn't mind and to be honest Mikey was more relaxed outside! But all he did was feel the lump a couple of times, give me his opinion and Mikey went back in the van. Well sure what else could he do? Well I would have liked to weigh him I suppose, though I do feel Mikey hasn't lost any weight! (And I'm pretty damn sure Gill Hubbard would have checked his heart, lungs etc.) My shock came at the bill .. £22 for the consultation ... shit even at Cibyn that would have been a "Consultation frequent" and cost me about £17. Hell I don't mind paying, but with over £50 lab fees to pay as well as £105 already paid I did feel that it should have been a little less and considered a continuation of treatment! Anyway being out of work, maybe I'm just feeling the pinch a tad more right now!