Wednesday 8 June 2016

Cancel The Puppy!

Content Babies At 12 Day Old 
Kevin phoned last night to tell me the saga of the day. A man from Anglesey had booked a puppy bitch from him weeks ago. Last night Kevin phoned him to ask when he was coming over to meet them and see pups?  The man said "I'm not, you pick one for me." Kev rightly said "no I want to meet you first." The prospective puppy buyer was OK about it, reasonably pleasant and Kev continued to explain "I'm asking £100 deposit for the pups." All normal standard procedure as I see it! Anyway later in the evening he sent an email to Kevin saying, "cancel the puppy and how dare you suggest I wouldn't look after it, that I would be cruel to any animal, I don't need vetting ... and to say you need a deposit!"
A Long Coat We Think? 
Kevin is now more than happy to cancel the order, he says he will not sell to anyone he hasn't met and liked before hand! I totally agree with him! This man is only in Anglesey, less than an hour away, If I was buying one I couldn't wait to go and see them! Bloody hell Bonnie's owners came here from Malvern to meet her and us, and back again in 10 days to pick up the puppy, and Stella's owners where here every weekend! When I have not been able to meet prospective buyers, friends have done home checks for me ... getting it wrong is heartbreaking! (and I have!) This guy feels insulted that Kevin wants to check him out, I'd be impressed that someone was taking so much care of their puppies. Lets face it, for all Kevin knows it could be the Cruella Deville on the other end of the phone!