Monday 13 June 2016

Fairy "Tail" Pups

I was checking up on "MyKC" earlier and saw that Nico x Kia pups had been registered! When registering names you have a choice of using your own preferred names (which I do) or allowing the Kennel Club to pick names for you. If you don't have an affix this is often the sensible route as the pups then at least have an affix! (The KC change their affix ever year) As I looked through the names I was horrified to see the KC had called one of the boys "Esmerelda!" Why the hell would you use a girls name on a male pup? I contacted the breeder and she immediately rang the K.C .. took an hour or so to get through, but now thank god, it's been changed to Prince Charming!  I did a screen save of the page before it was changed .. not bad names, at least on a theme and now no Esmerelda!
My KC is a great site for checking up on information. All registered dogs are listed with their British health tests, so you don't have to take anyone's word for anything anymore. The only thing that's disappointing is that they don't list foreign health grades, so Nico appears as untested!
Among pages of valuable information there is a page called "Dogs By Me" - listing all the "Blanik" pups ever registered and another "My Dogs" which list all the dogs registered in my name. That where I get so surprised .. I own so many dogs! Why don't people transfer their dogs into their own names? I'll never understand that!
So I own (or have owned - Louis sadly no longer with us) 9 of the 16  
6 people just on this page have not transferred ownership!
(click on the list to enlarge if you can't read it ... and want to!)