Tuesday 21 June 2016

Cheshire Show

Today we were at Cheshire Counties show...now Royal, apparently! Not quite as successful a day for Loki, being second in Limit (Limit?? Why did I put him in limit???) but still the boy did well. The judge was very complementary of him saying that for 21 months he was very impressive, but that he just didn't drive enough for him (Ok hindsight, he should have gone in with someone else!)
Anyway it was mostly a good day. but I was very concerned to find a smurf had made his way to Knutsford! Where will they end up next?
Bit of a dampener on the day though .. well don't imagine the scene but I was having a wee in the loo when I heard someone say .. "Oh there's a German Shepherd out there, that's one breed I can't stand, Oh it's not yours is it?" Person two replied .. "No I have a Border Collie!" Person one then said "Oh good I've no idea why anyone would want one of those as a pet!"
Well I was not in the mood to leave it and came flying out of the cubical announcing "The German Shepherd is mine!" Not knowing who had said what I waited for the silence to break and get a response. Eventually the woman at the next sink spoke to me .. "Well I was bitten by one!" My reply, was " well it wasn't that one was it!" She said .. "Well that's what the owner of the other dog said!" A tad confused by her reply I just said again.. "It wasn't my dog that bit you was it, it wasn't that dog!" I couldn't be arsed anymore and turned and walked away. Unknowing to me as I walked out she shouted "Horrible dogs, horrible breed!" ... Linda who by now was out of a cubical too shouted back at her .. "No they are not!" I wish I'd heard her because I would have gone back, I just wasn't in the mood to let it go! Silly cow. After walking Loki through crowds and around all the stall, paw perfect, I was seething and upset and yeah it did kind of spoil an otherwise great day!