Friday 10 June 2016

Dreaming Distress


This morning I woke up in tears. The dream had been so intense, so vivid that I expected Blade to be here. It's been 15 years since he was at my side ... but hell that was like being with him again. Yes it was amazing to spend that time with him again, but waking up was like loosing him all over again! I remember things I said to him in the dream .. "Syt mae Blade yn canu?"  (How does Blade sing?) and hearing him "sing" as he did on command. I've not thought of that in probably a decade .. it was just something silly I taught him as my x husband wanted to teach him to "speak!"  I was also doing heelwork with him, he so loved to work, but in the dream his turns where wide and I was explaining to someone how we'd not "worked" together in such a long time.
In the dream I saw him as he was in his prime, a beautiful fit male with a glint in his eye and devotion in his soul. This morning I'm totally wrecked, I swear I feel like I'm mourning his loss again!!
Not everyone currently in my life will remember Blade .. the "Bla" in Blanik. He was my first GSD. I felt like I had waited a lifetime for him. He was an amazing dog, he excelled in the show ring, knocked the socks off everyone in obedience and had a short career in Welsh T.V.  (We even dabbled at agility ... but even then I felt too fat to do it, wish I was only that fat now!) Blade's strength of character was immense, though he could occasionally be awkward and stubborn he was devoted to me and always gave of his all. Sometimes he took a dislike to a person, he even expressed his concern about my choice of husband, and hell he was right! He never did take to Don, and I'll never forget the way he stood between us and growled at him, hackles and tail up as Don raised his voice to me shortly after we split up. But 2 years later when Steve came into my life ... well it was instant friendship and trust! I guess Blade was a great judge of character!
I can never forget any of the dogs who's path I've been lucky enough to cross in my life, but my first love was Blade, and he will always have that very special place in my heart.
A Short but precious video at the local agility club - 1993 maybe?