Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014

I keep reading status updates on Facebook and not many people seem to have had a good year. I have to admit, mine has mostly been pretty good. No doubt there has been some pretty low points. Loosing little old Abi cat in May, Steve having a stroke in February, (Shit did I really say that out loud ... he'll kill me ... good thing he doesn't know his way to this blog!) all the heartache at Freshfields and the total shock at the death of a dear friend. I had known Ann for over 20 years and her death has affected me differently to the death of any other human being before her. I guess it was partly because we didn't know she was ill, it was her choice to keep her illness between her and her immediate family and friends, as it was her right to do so. But for us to hear she had died came as a bolt out of the blue, the shock within a circle of people was immense. Rightly or wrongly, Ann's death has left me feeling more alive than ever. I have always loved this place, now I admire our little corner of North West Wales more than ever, now I really see it's beauty. I try my best to enjoy everyday with my lovely husband and my wonderful family and friends. Mostly my life is good, but I mustn't ever forget to live for the moment and count my blessings, as I have learned this year your life can soon be ripped apart.
Sammi has damned well made my year. From about 3 weeks old she stood out as the puppy for me. I'm so proud of her. Proud of her show wins, well yes of course, but more than anything I'm proud of who she is. What a fantastic character, and stunning good looks to match. I'm looking forward to her future in the show ring ... I'm looking forward to sharing a life with her.
When we lost Abi in May I said "No more cats!" But with about 40 in the the kitten room at work I changed my mind very early on. I agreed with Steve, we really didn't need another cat, but there was another cat that needed us. I couldn't help 39 of them, but to one I could offer a safe future. I feel we have a lot to give, a safe environment to wonder, plenty of food and an endless supply of love ... Junior was just one in need of help. He was scrawny, scraggy, under weight and had runny eyes .. but just look at him now!
If you'd have told me this time last year that I would now have a Nico son too, I would have said ... "er no!" But he's here, currently sitting next to me on the sofa. My sweet little "Mischief Maker" was not planned, but I guess it was meant to be. I'll never forget the kindness that bought him here, sometimes people never cease to amaze me! (I mean that in a positive way)I look forward to getting Loki into the ring and showing the world what our Nico can produce!
Happy New Year to you all ... I hope the next one is a good one and I hope I'm sitting here in 12 months time writing a similar blog with all my "family" around me!