Tuesday 9 December 2014

Do You Remember Laecor Mikhail?


















If you do then you've known me for a long time. This was "Blade."  (The "Bla" in my affix ... the second half being "Nik" from Nikki my second GSD and foundation bitch, all "Blanik" lines go back to Nikki) Blade was my first GSD, he who was born in Feb 91 and was an Alshvar Schults grandson. He gave me everything and more. His strength of character was amazing, and if he didn't like you .. he didn't like you ... end of! What made life difficult for a while was that he didn't like my first husband .. wish I'd listen to him because after a few short years neither did I!!!
Blade was an untidy puppy, growing to full height by 6 months old, he was all head and no body! But as an adult Blade was stunning, he successful competed in the show ring, winning at both beauty shows and Obedience. In 1995 he was able to achieve Best In Show at a beauty show and win the Obedience at the St Patrick's day Ch show in Ireland. That year he also won his catagory in the North V South Obedience Competition at the GSD two day national. We also tampered with agility, but I was a disability to him there ... he also appeared in many a Welsh TV program. He truly was a fine example of this versatile breed. He was in his day, my very best friend. 
Nikki