Sunday 28 December 2014

A Big Adventure ..

Knackered puppy

But sadly no photos ... After walking Nico, Finlay and Jezi on my own I asked Steve if he fancied a walk? I was delighted when he said he'd come with me. Such a glorious day for a walk. As it's difficult terrain here we loaded all six dogs into the van and drove up to the cattle grid where we parked and unloaded. Loki had never been up there and in the company of his "family" he had a wonderful time. Though the walk was shorted than our usual walks, the pace was also slower so we were out for what seemed like an age. 
Sadly as close as the snow got to us
As we were getting back towards the van I commented to Steve that Mikey was off to the "Bestest puddle." Now this is were I really should have thought, this really is not a puddle it has been so christened by Linda, but I stress this is no puddle, this is a deep round ditch .... but sadly I didn't think! Loki followed the family over to the edge and stopped as they all jumped in one at a time, out of the blue the last "Blanik" came running and with a huge splash Loki was knocked in head first! He was out as quickly as he went in, well I guess we shouldn't have laughed, but we did! From tip to toe he was soaked to his skin. He looked like a cartoon puppy with his ears dripping wet and sticking out sideways like Eeyore on a bad day. But in fairness to the little guy he was none the worst for it and lay down and dragged himself along in the grass to dry his belly and face. (Like his daddy Nico does!)
Loki was towel dried first when we got home and he's since been fast asleep on the chair in the living room. Sadly I forgot to take the camera, but thankfully a good time was had by all!