Wednesday 17 December 2014

It'll Have To Be a Chain

Ziva getting impossible to keep in a crate. It all started when I was trying to wean her off the pups overnight early in the year. She was put in a cheap cage and she found that she could open the door from the inside to go and check on the pups when really the were best left to sleep! Six, six week old pups were no fun for me when they were playing chase at 4am ... but still mother knows best eh!!
Anyway her own crate is a solid metal one, probably the best crate here. I remember buying it at a show in Stafford and Carrie and I carted it for what seemed like miles back to the car ... god it was heavy! Lots of dogs have slept in it since, and Steve has even tried to force open it from the outside, he couldn't do it, but Ziva can. (Well from the inside) When we are getting ready to go out she regularly lets herself out. After her breakfast she doesn't wait for me to go and get her, she joins us in the kitchen and if she's ever shut in during the day she opens the door. Don't get me wrong she doesn't hate being in it, often she's gone back in .. but the door is open and the odd cat bowl or fork has magically joined her in there! Is it a big problem? Well generally no not really. I would prefer her not to come face to face with her sister and until she's in season again I guess it's not an issue. When she does come in season then I'll have to put a benching chain around the door I guess!
So how does she do it? I've no idea, she's never done it whilst we are watching ... I intend on setting up the video camera later!!!