Sunday 7 December 2014

Half Way There ...


Thank God. Ears are the first of my obsession ... ears then usually teeth. To have any chance in the show ring the dogs have to have both ears erect and a full and complete scissor bite. With a puppy of this age I get up every morning praying for erect ears, lol. No seriously I do! Loki's left ear has always been stronger, his right has never been up and that slightly concerns me. Of course I was aware of it, but after the seed was planted earlier this week now I'm ever more paranoid about it! 
 With Loki I have also come across another problem, one that is unfamiliar to me. He seems to have a "Winter Nose," or a similar problem. Steve may have laughed and mentioned boot polish, but this in my world is another serious problem. The whole purpose of getting Loki was to continue with my show line. With a brown or pink nose there is no future in the show ring! I've started him on seaweed and kelp but from what I've read success is questionable!