Thursday 4 December 2014

Dates

My Jamie
December is filled with memories, most of them of loss and sadness. But this is a day of wonderful memories, a day I don't forgot ... on this day in 2009 I first met a tiny tabby and white cat who was to become our Jamie! How we met has been well documented. Nothing changes he is a very special boy and this is a day of happy memories.
Loki and Sammi
Also this year, this is "officially" Loki's 3 month birthday. We all know he was born on the 31st of August, but for some reason the KC documents came back with a birth date of the 4th of September. His breeders contacted the KC who gave them the option of returning all the documents to change everything, or as it was only a few day out to leave it as it was .. they opted to leave it. So the official dates are slightly different to the actual dates. From now on I'll be using the "official" date for weights measures and photos .... Anyway, just think about it, a pup born on the 31st of August ... on what date is he 6 months old? When can he go to his first show? 
Louis
December's sad dates will be documented, but at least 2 of these dates now pass with a smile as we remember the treasured memories that live on forever. The third date still haunts me ... I doubt I will ever really get over the loss of Louis. But a month that was mainly a sad difficult month for me is now a month of mixed emotions. On the 23rd last year my Naughty Angel was born, my baby girl, my pride and joy! Nothing could have brightened up a gloomy month anymore than the "I" litter did ... what a litter it was ... what a star my Sammi Belle is.... She is close to walking in "His" footsteps and that in itself is beyond belief and truly "Amazing!"