Wednesday 1 October 2014

Those Damned Puppies!

Mr Orange - bit of a Nico head?
My head is still completely puddled. It was so easy to say I'd wait till they were 6 weeks before making my mind up, but what do I do in the mean time? I'll tell you what I do, I go through things over and over in my head, I think of the practicalities, I think of everything and anything from where a new puppy would sleep to registered names. The puppies are already registered but as the option may be available to me for a short period I really would like to choose my own name and obviously add my affix!
In the process of finding out what I can and can't do I've discovered that I could have removed the "of Lledfegin" that Gwyn added to Dexi during the short time he was with him. He could have simply been "Blanik Alliance," but without the internet and all this knowledge available at my finger tips in 1996 I was simply not aware of the facts.
I had already chosen a name for Jezi's daughter, she was to be Ettie, so of course I started looking into boys names. I found a few that I quite liked, Lewis really appealed to me but with thought I felt it was too close in sound to Louis, for the same reason I dismissed Kyle, (too close to Kai) another name I really liked. And then I found it ... "Loki." (Louis + Kiri) Hmmm ... but what did it mean?
"Loki -  is the mythical being of mischief in Norse mythology, a foster-brother of Odin. He is a trickster and a malicious figure who is selfish and greedy, although not necessarily evil as he also comes to the help of the gods in numerous occasions. Loki is reported as being a shapeshifter, and with the power of travelling through the air."
Mr Purple - So beautiful 
I bloody love it ... pet name Loki, Registered name "Mischief Maker at Blanik!" Sorted, depending on the KC of course. How could I find out if it was possible? I googled it and found that "Loki Mischief Maker" had been in the film "Thor," not a film I've seen but I wouldn't mind that comparison. I then found a page on the KC website where I could check if a name was available in the breed. Sadly Mischief Maker has already been used, I was disappointed but maybe they would consider it with my affix? (Or Suffix as it has to be as I didn't breed the puppy) I don't know that's something to find out. It would still be my first choice, but I have discovered that "Loki Mischief Maker" has  never been used and I quite liked "Mythical Mischief Maker." Unfortunately with my affix added the second would take it over the 24 letter allowed, so that's out of the window! Of course after saying all of this the breeder and the KC has the right to refuse the change of name.
From the headshots the puppies that stand out a mile for me are orange and purple, with orange just having the edge due to his very dark mask. But of course you can't pick a puppy on a headshot!  I'm going to see them on Sunday, and it just can't come soon enough for me. Now I too understand how long a wait it is for prospective puppy buyers. I'm hoping someone will stand out like Sammi did. I'm hoping a puppy goes ... "look at me." Yeah being honest I really want this puppy, I don't want to have to wait for Jezi next year, but if they don't catch my eye and have show potential then wait I will as it's really important that I don't waste Jezi either. She is a beautifully constructed bitch with a wicked sense of humor who could really give me something special.
And the conclusion ... again there isn't one!!!!!!