Tuesday 7 October 2014

Colour Boys Stood In Order

Orange
Green
Purple
Blue
 Brown
 Red
Light Blue
This is my personal opinion on show prospects on the day that I saw them. 7 days is a long time in a puppy's life. Next week my opinion could differ greatly. 
Orange was still hands down my favourite, beautiful balanced puppy, lovely colour, stunning head. I really couldn't ask for more at this age. I found it hard to pick between purple and green for second place. Green has lovely conformation and a stunning head with a huge jacket. But I fear he is too laid back to be a show dog, in all honesty any more laid back and he'd be asleep. I think Purple is stunning a very outgoing boy who never stopped wagging his tail. A beautiful male who just didn't have the turn of stifle of orange.
Blue is a nice puppy and on conformation could probably hold his own in the show ring. Lovely turn of stifle. But at the moment I feel the first three out class him. Brown is a balanced puppy, but he is a little straight in front and lacks turn of stifle. 
Red, Hmm, I''m not sure he should be this far down, maybe he should be above Blue, or between brown and blue. His conformation is pretty good, but I can't get passed the already paling face, I doubt he will have any mask and that's not for me.
Light blue, what can I say? A happy mischievous little man who will make a wonderful pet.  
If Green was just tired on the day and really has some go in him then he is a strong contender, but if he is the lazy boy we saw then he will never have the presence and attitude for the show ring. Purple has that in huge quantities, but he really was straight in stifle. I think for now I will give green the benefit of the doubt and leave him in second place ....