Sunday 5 October 2014

Just Saying ..

The judge going over Jezi
As I left for the show yesterday morning I had a huge lump in my throat. Tali was standing there with her ball in her mouth ready for the off. It's so hard to explain to them that it'a not "your day," and with the van full there wasn't even the option to take her just for the "day out!"
On the day I always regret taking three ... it all seems such a good idea when I'm filling up my entry forms, I forget about the chaos that will surely follow! To be fair without the back up of friends I could never do it, I owe a small group of people so much!
Jezi surprised us all yesterday by having a strop as she was being taken away from me. Jezi has always been easy to leave with anyone, but now I guess maybe she likes me more than she use too! Anyway glad to see that she and Linda both came out of it alive!!!!! lol ... sorry Lin!
Mark setting Asha up for the judge
I was handling Sammi and again she stood alone in Junior. She behaved very well in the ring, as she always does. Mark handled Jezi to win PG and Asha to win Open ... let the chaos begin! To be fair, apart from a small strop from Asha it all went well. Asha stayed with Mark, I took Jezi and Tracy kindly came in with Sammi. The judge was kind enough to move them individually and allowed me to also move Sammi. It would have been great for any of the girls to win, but I guess Sammi winning was a bit of Icing on the cake really. After all that is the name of the game, improving and hoping that each generation is slightly better and capable of taking over from the older ones. Hand on heart I believe Sammi has the potential to be the best bitch ever bred at "Blanik!"
Sammi -  ignored in the BPIS ring!!!
As soon as we finished at the show we had to run off to the vets with Ziva. The swelling on her leg was again huge. The vet drained it off again, OMG the stuff that came out of it. This time she has left a small opening for us to wash and drain any remaining fluid. In principal that sounds great, but I guess I didn't consider that in a young healthy bitch the opening would already have healed within no times. Still we tried and we can just hope now. She also suggested that Ziva should rest for about 5 days to give the area time to heal as the friction of movement adds to the problem. Ziva is not amused!
Another highlight of my day was seeing Maya and Enya. I had lots of cuddles from both and found myself a little emotional about it all. It's impossible not to love them, even when they are no longer yours!
Ziva's lump 
After the show, to celebrate Bethan's birthday us GSD folk had a lovely meal out. So if you hear a rumor that I was spotted outside a Caernarfon hotel with a man that was not my husband, well yeah it's true .. it was I! lol  A super day really, but I was well and truly knackered last night and just made it to the end of Casualty before collapsing in a heap in my bed with a man that was my husband!!!