Thursday 23 October 2014

The Introductions Part 2

Loki and Daddy Nico chilling
We decided to leave it till yesterday evening for Loki to meet the second gang. As I expected Nico was over the moon to meet and greet his son, he may not have had the character to be a Sch dog ... but as a pet/show dog he now has the perfect character! Jezi was very unsure, she is never comfortable in the company of strange dogs, she sniffed him and then went and sat by the door. It was obvious that she was uncomfortable, but she did nothing wrong in deciding to avoid the situation. I'm sure as he grows she'll be fine. Big fluffy Finlay that everyone loves and sees as a cuddly goof was predictable too ... he growled! But after he bit Jezi when she was a pup I'm very careful with him around pups. I know he's old now and that makes him less tolerant, but what was his excuse in 2011? Actually I do blame him for Jezi being uncomfortable in the company of dogs ... I know too well an early incident like that can affect a puppy's character for life.
Well we had a great first night, no noise! I got up around 4.30am and took Loki for a wee .. put him back to bed and he went straight back to sleep. I got up this morning at 8am took him out and again he wee'd .... so a clean bed! Not bad going eh!
Today he's a little more confident, but the girls will not leave him alone. I guess the novelty will wear off with time!