Wednesday 29 October 2014

One Week On!


 Loki - enjoying life at "Blanik"
Things are going brilliantly. Far better than we could ever have wished for. The girls all love him, with Sammi, Jezi and Asha spending most of their time fussing over him or playing with him. Ziva and Tali are great too, but somehow less demanding of his attention. Mikey and Nico are really good, though Nico is still too exuberant a little jealous, and like Sammi, all the toys are his! Finlay tolerates him, but Loki doesn't pester him so it works well. 
We've sorted out the feeding and now he's eating near as damn it what he should be in a day ... I've learned that as food is not a priority to Loki he won't eat whilst there's things to do or watch and he won't eat if he's sleepy. Unlike my lot who'll eat anywhere, anytime! So at times that I've found appropriate during the day I pop him in his crate with his meal and leave him there for about 15 mins ... the last couple of days he's eaten 4 full meal. Loki's clean and quite at night and only has accidents during the day if we are not concentrating at the right time! 
Will he make a show dog? Well time only will tell, he certainly hasn't the confidence that Sammi had .. mind you not many do!!! I would like it if he had better angled hind quarters ... but I know Louis was a little straight in hind quarters at this age, Mikey too ... so maybe it'll come? 
And yeah .. I still stick to my original statement from years ago, especially as I have re cent experience of both ...
Boys are much easier than girls!