Friday 29 July 2022

Test Two

Positive of course, I didn't expect it not to be. The main question being asked is "where did you pick that up?" Well with a 2 - 10 day incubation period I guess we'll never know!
Last Tuesday we shopped at Aldi, went to the garage in Porthmadog and had lunch with mum. Last Wednesday I had to get shoes and whilst Steve had a hair cut I wondered through some shops in Caernarfon, in the evening I went to dog club. Thursday I only visited mum and Friday I was at Leeds show - out in the open air. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but I really didn't eat much, I just didn't want food, not even cake! 🙈 Saturday I visited mum with no stops anywhere, Sunday we stayed at home. I had a shocking headache and felt washed out, only to be expected I thought? Monday morning I was a mess anyway, but I didn't feel ill. As we left Meifod on Monday again I felt washed out and my legs were aching, but I just presumed it was normal stress and mental exhaustion. Tuesday morning I just couldn't stop sneezing and I had a dreadful head cold, but I honestly still thought it was just a cold.
Yesterday it was very much a one-man band here. Steve couldn't stay awake and stayed in bed till after 2pm. Even after getting up he slept. I cried a few times, I was so weak, I would have done anything for someone to make me a cuppa, to let the dogs out, to hang the washing out .. but there was no one, and I had to be a brave little soldier and get on with it whilst the cavalry slept! I really hope it stays off his chest this time, last time they thought with the excess coughing that he'd collapsed a lung. Still we have to live with this thing now, I'm not going to hide behind closed doors, as soon as we are negative and feeling up to going out and about we will be doing. Life is too damn short to live in fear we need to live it!
I've sat and thought a lot yesterday - the youngest bitch I've ever mated was Ziva. She was mated at 26 months and 28 months when her babies arrived. It was the easiest pregnancy, the easiest birth ever. Nikki wasn't much older mated at 28 months. They always say the younger bitches make the better first time mothers (2 - 3 years old) If Siska goes another 7 months then she too will be about 26 months by her next season ... hmmm, it's a thought, but just a thought and no more right now! 
I'm going back under my blanket now!