Saturday 23 July 2022

Leeds Ch Show

 With family organised to look after mum yesterday, I got to go to Leeds Ch show. An early morning start and picking up a friend and her dog on the way. Everyone had been prewarned via social media that all I wanted was a normal "show day" and I thank them all that it happened. 
I was overwhelmed that Orin won numerically the largest class of the day, it was also in my opinion, with three RCC winners behind him the strongest class of the day. With Ian on the end of the lead the boy looked amazing and the judges' honesty got him past the faces at the end of the leads! I have to admit I was really gutted that he didn't go further in the challenge, after such a high my heart sank into the pit of my stomach. Not taking anything away from the principal winners, just me feeling sorry for myself and wondering, when will it ever be our day? I still think Orin is amazing and he's doing so well in the shows, to be honest looking back at the video on facebook yesterday you can see that the judge pulls him out, he is her obvious winner but then struggles to place the rest of the class. Oh hell, I shouldn't be so ungrateful, these days we are knocking on the door of the big one, in years gone by I was happy if they were in the top five. 
I had no expectations for Siska. With no yearling class I'd entered her in PGB, so at 18 months she was in the same standard class as Orin. I figured she would be out of her depth, but the girl did so well and was placed second to the eventual CC winner. That's the second time she's been second to the CC winner - well done baby Siska.
With just Ian and I with the Blanik team it was impossible to get photos in the ring so we took a couple outside the ring before we got ready to leave. There are some hilarious ones of Siska who as usual was not taking things seriously .. bless her she's so funny. I have to admit the two of them were great, so well-behaved and boys were great together too. Not a cross word from either Khaos or Orin. Looking forward to the next show now!