Saturday 9 July 2022

In The Fields


Ziva came from the field with Steve and didn't stay with us, 
paranoia now setting in.
Excuse the silence but the days are hard. Dad has not been responsive for days and after we left the hospital on Wednesday they tried to calls us to go back in. I had dropped Mam off and come home  whilst she pottered in the back garden, she didn't see the message till the next morning. They had not expected Dad to survive the night and felt we should have been there for him. Mam and technology don't go hand in hand, and she'd just not noticed the message on the answer phone. Dad made it through but was still not responding on Thursday. After the visit I called my brother and told him he should make his way over the next day. We met at the hospital yesterday, Steve and I went in and were shocked to find my dad awake and able to hold very short conversations. I have decided to let my brother, his wife and son visit my mum today and I'll stay home. I'm glad of a "day off" but I can't help but feel guilty for not going.