Saturday 4 June 2022

Siska's Coat

The first photo of Siska was taken at Sheffield Ch show -10/4/22. Though Callan did well it was our lowest placing to date. Siska is still in pretty good coat there, but you can see how tatty she looks around her chest and that she has little coat on her thighs. Her knickers and feathering still look very full though. In late April I showed her at WELKS, still in decent, but not full coat, the judge even commenting "in good coat." Still with her coat coming out I predicted it would be her last show for a while. It seems I was wrong, and on the 8th of May she was at The National, (pic with white fence) she has less knickers but plenty of feathering and again enough coat to be in the ring. I do remember her guard hair were coming out, but I was still awaiting the junior moult explosion. On the 22nd of May Siska was still in the ring and I observed that her coat felt like it was coming back, how odd when she still had half of it! 
This was taken yesterday. Mini Me is now coming back into full bloom. The hair on her thighs, the first to go, has come back, her knickers are thickening and the coat over her body is also soft, as it is when it's coming back. So in moult Siska never had to be taken out of the ring, Ok she didn't look in top form, but she never looked bad enough to be withdrawn like I usually have to do with all the other girls. If my memory serves me correctly, it was pretty much the same during her first moult in late Autumn. Siska and Kaiah will shortly both be in season, then of course she may well have to miss a show or two, but by the time that season is over she should be in full bloom again. I really hope constructionally, that she does continue to improve and fulfil her early potential.