Monday 27 June 2022

Blackpool

I'm over the moon with Blanik Liszka's win under judge Gary Gray at Blackpool yesterday. Having no expectations, I was thrilled seeing her win her last Junior Bitch champ show class and then going on to be the best Junior in breed. Thank you as ever to Sarah for getting the best out of her, I know she can be quite a little madam! This seems to be quite a lucky show for Siska as she won BPB here last year too. Thank you so much to Bethan and Darryl for persuading me to stay for the group and to Marian and Linda for sticking it out with us too. I took Siska in the group myself and was thrilled that she was group 3, our first ever group place at a Champ show. Thank you to judge Mrs Jill Peak. Thanks to everyone for the messages and calls, we really appreciate it, but Siska and I are sad that our right-hand man and her best mate Ian wasn't there to see her do so well yesterday ... ah well let's hope for a next time.
Orin didn't fare so well, he didn't last year at this show either, ah well that's life. Though I was honestly disheartened and for the life of me never expect to win, but I've no idea what he did there at times! (The judge not Orin) The only thing that comes to mind is that the judge had loved Louis in his day, calling him a very correct sized male. Louis was no more than 62cms - Orin is 66cms, so technically Louis was within the standard, but usually looked small in a class of adult males. He also wanted the dogs to gait slowly, we've trained Orin to "go" and with his power and drive that is what he does! Still I was deflated, he seems to be having a bad run of it right now - ah well Siska sure put the wind back in my sails!