Friday 1 March 2019

More On Today's Adventures

Having avoided going close to Mynydd Mawr all week because it was school holidays, today I decided to go. I didn't see a soul. As I walked back round with Nico and Jezi the top pool looked so inviting that I decide I just had to take the girls there. It's always boggy and I usually go to it from above it, today because of the angle of the sun for photos I crossed to it from beneath it. OMG I was 10 - 15 foot from it when I sank ankle deep in water. The water was well hidden in the moss and undergrowth. As I took a step away my boots almost stayed where they were. Well it was too late to go back, I could feel the water run over the tops and into my boots, I simply couldn't get any wetter! Again not my best move as I struggled to walk through the boggy watery ground. Of course the girls bloody loved it and the pool was deep enough for Asha to swim. Will I go back? Well of course but either the way I usually go or in wellies!
When I got home I was pleasantly surprised to discover that though my boots where sodden, my feet where dry. £12.99 a pair for waterproof sock sure was a damn good investment! 
For the last walk I got to go to Bwlch Derwin. We needed logs and Steve dropped me off before going on to Bryncir to pick them up. Again I was thrilled to be back in the woods. Being prepared and having my wellies on I wondered off route and into the woods in a few places. I came home feeling I'd had a great time and had loved all my walks again today. I posted my photos on Facebook and did copy and paste for my photo comment. "Loki, Kaiah Ross in Bwlch Dwrein" So again, and a regular brain blip for me these days, all the right letter, but not necessarily in the right order! 
How apt today .. RIP Anre Previn 
So here are Loki, Kaiah and Ross in "Bwlch Derwin"