Saturday 30 March 2019

Emotional and Struggling

This morning as I went out into the front garden emotion took over and I couldn't stop myself from crying. Telling Steve about it, he said I know and he himself then struggled to fight back the tears.
Oliver is not the cat he was, he is now a shadow of his former self. He is so thin and frail, honestly he is almost unrecognisable. His appetite fluctuates, some days he eats well other days he eats very little at all. Yesterday he ate 2 sachets and a handful of dreamies - today he doesn't fancy them. There is nothing I can do other than go with it and buy bits and treats to help tempt his fading appetite.  He's loved the warm sun of the last weeks, but the forecast for next week is more Wintry than Springlike so I hope he stays indoors.
It's not yet a year since we lost Billy and we also lost Tia in September, sadly I can see the same pattern now with Oliver. Hand on heart I can't see he'll make the Summer ... Bless you Oliver - That big beautiful cat is such a frail old man now, ever day with good quality of life will be precious.
Maybe my emotional state is down to the usual, predictable and frustrating fatigue. I'm not afraid to admit here that I'm struggling today and almost fell asleep at the table whist out on pre mothers day lunch with my parents. These days I'm not use to people asking or noticing really, which is fine, but today my mother noticed .. as a mother would I guess. I try to hide it, I'm always "fine" but even through the make up today I couldn't hide the exhaustion. I've also been considering my hair colour may not help. Over the last year I've been colouring it as close as I could to my natural colour, my logic being that when my roots came through it was less noticeable. It made great sense until I realised how grey my roots where. Since my SAH I have days when my pale skin is whiter than white and this morning I looked like Caspar with a wig so I've come to the conclusion that maybe I should go back to blonde hair. Make sense?
On the way home from the lunch I had the lecture from my nearest and dearest about doing too much and how I should be telling people how I feel. (if you know him you'll no doubt be shouting "hypocrite!") What is there to tell? People have heard it for years, there bored with it now. Today I was tired, beyond tired, but I could eat and mostly follow the conversation. I wanted to go, I wanted to be there and see my parents and it would have disappointed them so much had we cancelled. He got that, but he said that I should know better than to make plans on consecutive days. I guess he's right, but I also wanted to go yesterday. Hell I want to live my life and usually I do make it to 2 ish or even later before it catches up on me. Today was just a bad day, one of fewer these days but still days I have to prepare for and get through!