Tuesday 12 March 2019

Day 12

It's day 12 of Kaiah's season and the dogs are not taking any notice of her at all.  After the first blood she didn't bleed much at all for a few days, but typically I was following her round Crufts with a towel. It's looking hopeful for the show at the weekend then .. but just to check I decided to look back on my blog for any helpful information on the last season, I wrote this on August the 30th of last year ...
"Kaiah's season has been going on a little longer than her previous seasons, but nothing like her mother. It's day 19 since we first saw blood and the last couple of days there is change afoot. Loki is now kenneled and Nico is pacing and just a little unsettled. So I guess if I was mating her today would be the day, or maybe tomorrow? I must make a note of it for future reference."
Well I hadn't made a note of it so I'm glad I wrote it on the blog as it may be useful later.
Checking back Kaiah has consistently gone over 6 months between each season, averaging 6.5 months. I'll make a note of it here so I can find it later should I need too.
5th of July 2017 was her first season a few days short of 9 months old
Jan 22nd  2018
Aug 12th  in 2018 .. and then on to March 1st of this year.
If she goes 6.5 months again then that would be idea as it would bring her in season in mid September and due for mating at the end of the month. That would mean, hopefully puppies born in early December and ready to leave late January, taking us well away from Xmas. Also my right hand man is away mid September so should she come in early and need mating then I would need to find someone to go with me. I could never do the 5 and a half hour journey on my own. An Idexx test for optimum mating day will be essential if I'm travelling that far.
Right time to stop meandering and get these troops out!