Thursday 7 March 2019

More Memories

I absolutely love looking through my page of Facebook memories everyday. It's just great to scrawl back and see what I was doing on this year or that. There's always a page full of them and they usually make me smile; though Riley memories always haunt me and currently daily I'm seeing updates on Kai from 2012 ... Heartbreak ahead.

This morning the above memory had me in tears. It had to be among the worst, most traumatic experiences of my life. Made far worse by the vet I saw on the day, he didn't even give me a glimmer of hope that she had a future, indeed he offered PTS as an option on the day. I have no idea how I ever drove home that day, I've no idea how I managed to function. All I can say is thank god for Jill Hubbard, without her reassuring follow up I think I'd have just given up. Sammi my Angel .. well just look at her now!!!
There has never been any further issues with Sammi's back, indeed within 24 hrs she could walk normally again and keeping her quiet for that longest of weekends was hell. Sammi has always been special to me. One of the best litters I've ever bred and to me she shone from 3 weeks old. I've never picked a puppy to keep so early, I've never been so smitten that I knew that puppy had to stay, I've never seen such a beautiful puppy. No doubt she was sure a handful as a youngster but the bitch she grew into is truly wonderful.
I often feel guilty campaigning Loki as I do and leaving her at home, especially when she looks so wonderful ... but it's all about the points. I'm hoping he'll be the first GSD in this area to get him ShCEX  he's on 34 point - 16 to go! Once he's got it then hopefully my stunning Sammi Belle can do a few open shows too ...