Sunday 17 March 2019

Jackanory

Walk one was done, and on walk two I was heading in the same direction when I saw another couple of idiots out walking dogs in horizontal sleet. (You see it's not just me!!!) Anyway I turned right to avoid them and followed a boggy path to the right which would eventually join up back to the original path. The people where well out of sight when I got caught out and saw a sheep in one of the shallow dips/holes right next to me. OMG I thought it must be ill, it didn't move and we where less than 6ft away from it. I shouted at the girls, Ziva instantly went down and stayed there .. Sammi legged it in the other direction, and stayed a good 50 ft away, after all you get in trouble for even looking at wool things!
And Asha, perfect gentle, well behaved Asha took no fecking notice and went to investigate. The sheep stood up to revel a tiny lamb. But yes, showing her true colours, she is sweet gentle Asha, she washed it's face and bottom before I kicked her up the butt and sent her on her way. After all it was not hers .. and though mum stood her ground I did not want her distressed, and Asha was told not to go near it. The lamb was so tiny and so beautiful ..  I know I have great zoom on this camera, but this photo was take without zoom as a disgruntled mum and baby toddled off down towards Auntie's cottage. To be fair my girls did me proud and not one of them looked back, Asha should have listened, but her mothering instincts are so strong, ask Loki she still washes him now!