Wednesday 30 May 2018

Comparing The Boys

Sitting here and thinking about the recent boys I wondered what they looked like at 12 months old. Nico wasn't here and I didn't have a digital camera when Louis was 12 months old, so really there's only Loki and Mikey to compare. I went searching the blog and instantly hit a blank with Loki .. I missed his birthday as I was in Walton for 2 weeks and of course my time in the local hospital before that. When I came home it took me a while to get out and about again, but obviously I do have photos of Loki just before he was 12 months,  he won BOB at Merioneth so really about a week or so before. So here goes...


















Loki's head has improved dramatically, but really even though he's stood quite differently construction wise you can see that really all he's done is filled his frame and has an improvement in coat quality. The potential was always there I guess. 
I'm absolutely shocked at the photos of Mikey. I swear I don't remember him looking like this but I know he was an adult when he show career exploded. I didn't see it then, but now I know why he wasn't successful as a pup. His head must have doubled in width between 12 months and 3 years, his coat came on dramatically and he had far better hind quarters as an adult than he did as a youngster. 


The 12 month old boy
and the mature male.
I guess young Ross only has the same issues, though currently I see his head is ideal for his size and shape. He needs to fill his frame which he will with maturity .. and here's hoping for a better coat.
(yes it has improved but still needs to come on to finish an otherwise pleasing picture!)