Saturday 19 May 2018

A Bit Of Shade

The girls are like me .. they like the weather as long as they can find a bit of shade. Actually there's a bit of a breeze here so I'm finding it quite pleasant. Yesterday and today have been ideal, but I know I'm among a minority who hates hot weather, but personally I can't see what's pleasant about intense heat. I can't for the life of me see how anyone can enjoy working/walking or indeed sitting in it. For me hot days mean prickly heat, profuse sweating, irritability, lethargy and the effects of high pollen. It also poses  a danger to my dogs. Some die from heat exhaustion, Concrete and tar becomes too hot for them to walk on and seeing owners dragging their pets for mid day walks angers me beyond belief. The only walks we'll do is to the lakes or rivers, and then we make sure we go early and that the terrain is suitable for their paws.
Anyway I'll stop my moaning, it's not too hot at the moment, it's pleasant and the scenery is beautiful beyond belief. Tomorrow we're off to Builth, I can imagine it will be a fantastic journey through the heart of rural Wales.