Thursday 23 February 2017

Brits

Well I'm not afraid to admit that last nights Brits had me bawling my heart out. I didn't watch it as it first aired but watching others comment about it on social media set me off before I saw a thing. Anyway with the living room and TV to myself before bed I watched and cried. Chris Martin did a reasonable job but did miss a few vital notes, hearing George then made me realise that no one can sing "George" like George. Still I thank Chris Martin for doing what must have been an impossible job. My heart went out to Pepsi and Shirley who both struggled with emotion, Andrew was more composed but he too struggled.
 I've said very little about George on my page these last few weeks, I found it easier not too. Even now some find it amusing to ridicule what they don't understand, and right now I couldn't take it and would probably say or do something I may regret later. I've made some wonderful friends because of George, shared some wonderful times, memories I will treasure. He helped me through the bad times and now without him I feel an emptiness that I can not fulfill. As yet I have not listened to a single CD or watched a single George video. The only song I've heard was on the radio and that was painful enough .. so last night I guess a lot of bottled up emotion came flooding out. A "George Michael Tribute?" It just didn't seem real, it was heartbreaking!