Tuesday 7 July 2015

Last Night ..

Bella with Ian (Breeder/owner)
As I had promised to go last night I made my way through the howling gale to ring craft in Porthmadog. I feel it is no longer beneficial to Loki to go for training purposes, the room is too small for a large dog to move but he does so love to be there! Bella had apparently been unsettled there the last 2 weeks, but we saw none of that last night. She was happy to do her bit and happy to play with Loki or Yanna or anyone else who would play with her really! She's an adorable young lady and I hope that she and Ian can get it together and do some winning!
Loki was not the most confident young puppy, but he has been influenced tremendously, and for the better by his environment and his housemates! To be honest I found him more of a handful last night than he has ever been. (Which he should be at this age) Apart from wanting to play with everything, from Great Dane to Frenchie his titbit obsession has increased. No one dare put their hands in their pockets and he's there, dragging me behind him. So this morning the settling sciatica is a little unsettled again, but there you go! I'm proud of him, proud of who he has become, nothing phases him now and if the worst he does is eat zips, drag me about to get to his friends or some food then I can't really complain can I?
Loki 
It was funny last night, in that small echoing hall I heard two people talking about him. One asking the other if it was "the pup?" .. the other unsure as they hadn't seen him for a couple of months. "But he looks good .. and if it is him he's grown so much!" "Well yeah but it might not be him as she has so many others!" I chuckled and went back to my seat. Later one of them asked me .. "Is it Bella's brother?" I said "yeah" .. he said "he looks really good, he's really come on a treat ... but he's so big!" Well yeah I can't argue with that. At the moment I'm not sure he will ever be a Champ show winning dog, but he still has time on his hands .. and one thing is for sure when he fills out he will certainly be an impressive, attractive looking male who no doubt will catch the eye of the all rounder!