Monday 13 July 2015

I Just Had To Tell The Tale ..

On our way back from a second walk to Cwm Dulyn yesterday Linda and I came across two vans, a white one and and orange one. As we approached I was sure someone climbed into the back of the white van. We put three of the bitches on the lead and left Asha loose. Getting closer I was worried someone would let dogs out of one of the van, so in an exaggeratedly loud voice I called "Asha come!" The back lights on the white van started flashing, then the passenger door opened slightly and to our amazement a man started falling backwards out of the van before being able to compose himself and pull himself back in. Linda and I exchanged glances, said nothing but I think we both were coming to the same conclusion. Then the door on the white van opened again, the passenger came out and went into the drivers side of the orange van, the young man then drove the white van away. Bizarre in it's self, but the driver of the orange van (who fell backwards out of the white van) made things even stranger. He then came back out of his van, opened the back door and let three collies out. Our girls where barking so I called out "Which way are you going?" (thinking he was about to walk the dogs.)I wasn't sure of his reply but I think Linda said his reply was "I'm leaving now!" He then immediately put the three dogs back in the van and drove off. Well if it wasn't suspicious before then his actions made it so! What they were up too is none of my business ... but I must admit it was all a tad funny!
Amused we continued our walk, but Tali then gave us cause for concern. Instead of coming over the wooden bridge with us Tali and Asha had gone into the stream. They continued downstream and Asha worked her way round and onto the bridge, Tali now seemed to get confused. She was beneath the bridge and as I called her she seemed to have no idea where I was .. she then seemed to panic and walked straight into a gate type fence. Whilst there was enough room for her to get her head through the gap in the gate, she could never have got her body through it ... so why would she try? We went back to the end of the bridge and Asha went back into the stream. After a couple more false starts Tali made her way onto the bridge. But she looked odd .. disorientated/ vacant maybe? I stroked her and talked to her and we continued back to the van. She seemed fine, but as soon as she walked into the house and without a word from me, Steve said "what's wrong with Tali? She looks odd!"
In the Stream beneath the bridge 
So what is/was wrong with Tali? Well to be honest I've no idea! Maybe her eyesight isn't as good as it was? She has always been over confident in her own skin, maybe with age she feels less so and panicked? I just can't fathom it. But one thing is for sure, I feel a vet check is necessary and have today made an appointment to see Jill when she comes back from holiday. Of course if anything else crops up in the meantime I wouldn't dare put her at risk and I will see one of the other vets sooner. I will also be discussing with them the possibility of her getting something on a permanent basis for her back as I feel she now needs it, and I have also booked Finlay for his MOT and will also be asking for a little bit of extra help for him too!