Wednesday 4 September 2024

George Michael - White Light (Official Video)

Nine years since my brain surgery, which was almost a week since my SAH. I remember the hustle and bustle around me and the urgency at the amazing Walton centre, they couldn't believe that YG had left me for almost a week without this emergency, life-saving procedure. Well I should have known better than to have a brain haemorrhage on a bank holiday 😁... yeah I laugh about it now and celebrate the day that there was no white light! 
Just to keep things in prospective I'll never forget the words spoken to me on the morning of 4/9/15 - "30% of people die at the first bleed, of those who survive and are not treated, 50% will die within a month. Between day 4 and 7 you are at serious risk of another bleed with disastrous consistences. 95% of people survive the operation, the others 5% do not, Now what do you want to do?"