Friday 13 September 2024

A Name Thing.

Now we know all the pet names for the puppies in their new homes, but they will still be gemstones whilst they are all here. Jet will be Marley, the female who leaves will be Seren (Welsh for star) and I'm sticking to Meerah for my puppy. As mentioned before, I thought long and hard about Kyra, a fitting name for a Kaiah granddaughter, but mistakes would be made and it's still far too raw for a name to be that close, maybe a name for the future. 
Having a Kaiah granddaughter has been paramount for me, so if Siska never has another litter, well so be it. I breed to have a puppy for me, for the future of the Blanik line. I have already had people asking if I would repeat the mating so they can have a puppy, people who I trust, but if I'm not in a position to keep a puppy, then I won't breed.
I'm blessed to have Beti bam-ba-lam here, and though she was not bred at Blanik, being Orin's daughter she carries the bitch-line all the way back after her super father. I have hopes and dreams for her future, but of course I have hopes and dreams for baby Meerah too. Here's hoping for as much, if not more success for this next generation in the show ring ..