Monday 26 June 2023

Visiting Zeeta

On our way home yesterday we popped in to visit Anne and see Zeeta. I needed another look at her, to look at her with my head and not my heart. Put aside that she has the sweetest nature for one minute, of course that is a huge factor but I need to make sure I'm not letting her delightful character cloud my judgment, I need to see beyond it and look at her construction. So here is my opinion - she has a beautiful head and expression with a dark mask and importantly for this combination, very dark eyes. High wither, firm back and a long sloping croup. To me her hind angulation is on the borderline and her second thigh is possibly slightly long. She appears a little short in this photo, but I don't think she was, I certainly didn't notice that she was. Importantly, her front legs are straight, as are her feet, though they are slightly long and flat. She did have long nails and fluff between her toes which may not help there. She is a little back/slack on her pasterns, but I don't think it's anything as bad as I've seen win in the ring! Her colour is outstanding and though she is a L/C she is not excessively coated - I could cope with that! 
After seeing her again yesterday, and Joe confirming last week, that it is a top quality, top producing pedigree, I'm still seriously considering a bitch puppy from this mating. Cross fingers for me that she's pregnant and that there will be a couple of S/C girls to chose from. I'm not out ruling a L/C female, but I am out ruling a male!
A photo from the day of mating which shows Zeeta's head, expression, eye colour and more importantly that she is not narrow in the chest and that she has straight front legs and straight feet.