Monday 5 June 2023

Open Show

Am I becoming an open show snob? I kind of hope not as they are the best place to train youngsters, but again having entered one I find myself not wanting to go. Along with Anglesey and The Royal Welsh, Cheshire was one of my favourites and often gives us a decent judge. To avoid the manic traffic we always go very early and are in the ring mid-morning but this year they seem to have us down to go in last .. well that has put me off completely. I don't want to be sitting in what will probably be a boiling hot show ground for hours before exhibiting my dogs. Their schedule say no gazebos, so if it's hot where do we go? Trust me there is no shade in this field.  If we arrive late the van will be miles away from the ring, at the moment, I just can't see I'll be going!