Sunday 4 June 2023

Chatting With Mr S

This dog gets away with murder, Steve finds everything he does amusing. Me? Well, in the moment I find his actions frustrating, but I can look back and laugh. Yesterday it was catch me if you can around the caravan. Zeus found it highly amusing .. Steve laughed and I wanted to batter them both. Never have I had a dog with no recall, even Tali eventually came, but this guy? Well, life is a big joke to him, and mostly at my expense. We discussed his ability to work in the heat, no, we agreed he wouldn't be able to do it. His coat is huge and thick, and he does struggle in the heat ... unless he's running round and round a caravan with a ball in his mouth of course! Seriously, it does take me back to the same place, is the LSH practical for a days work? I think not!
Obviously, I've told Steve about my thoughts re a Zeeta pup, he's said very little, he listens, he knows I'm broken and I guess would support any decision I made. Out of the blue yesterday afternoon he said "I'd like our next puppy to be called Betty" ... Oh right, I like the name Betty but as I reminded him we'd had a puppy Betty in the G litter (In the photo) ... Betty boo doing the do do do do do. lol I sang it to her everyday. She was quite a favourite in that litter, she became Georgie in her own home. I thought about the name a little and said, well yeah why not, but let's spell it the Welsh way, Beti. I googled it and the meaning had me almost in tears ... "Origin of Beti  - The Welsh meaning of Beti is graceful, strong and happy. Originally, the name came from the Latin for Beatrix  - she who makes happy, she who brings happiness." Wow, very fitting. 
Over the last 18 months Orin has mated 7 bitches, 4 litters, 2 close to being scanned for confirmation of pregnancy and now Zeeta. In his lifetime Nico only had 8 litters, what a waste, he would have been of such benefit to so many. Ah well he benefitted Blanik so I guess that is the most important thing. Of the bitches that have been here to Orin, some have been constructionally better than others, I think Zoe has been my favourite, but not a single one has been "plain" and the litters to date have been stunning. I have lots to think about, especially as I still want a Siska pup. The timing isn't great really, but decisions will have to be made at a later date ... with no regrets!