Thursday 29 June 2023

Today's News

When we came back from our walks we had to stay in the garden as the chimney sweep had arrived. It was pleasant enough to be out there to be honest, though I had to stop Ross from wrecking the joint. I felt he was a little stiff today, maybe we over did it in the fields yesterday, we did stay out a long time and broke the kong rules so Sammi could have some peace. 
The wagons coming and going from the quarry were bloody annoying today, they seemed non-stop. I really didn't think they were suppose to use that track and go through the village. I had quite a close call with Orin as he was off to one of his pissing places (Maybe I need a more polite term for them than that!)  I never bother as I know where he's going, but today I had to do an emergency recall. He did stop straight away, but hesitated before coming back. It felt like forever, but must have only been about 10 seconds, lots of praise then for thundering back and almost taking me out! Why was I not prepared? Well like I said until today I've not seen the wagons go that way ... well other than a handful over the years anyway, I must have seen 7 today, what's changed?
Sammi seems Ok again now, she doesn't really interact with Siska, she just gets on with life. Siska continues to think she's the big I am, everyone puts up with it apart from Orin. Yesterday she grabbed at him as he was in full flow running up the field, he turned to face her and squared up to her ... she had no response! Good to see that someone will not be pushed about! 
Following another "incident" with Zeus I do wonder what has made this dog the way he is? I'm really not used to not being able to do anything I need too to my dogs. Zeus gets so worried, and we all know a worried, nervous dog can be a dangerous dog. With no option for flight, I have no doubt again if we were not both there he would have chosen fight! I am so pleased that we did not rehome him, as few and as far between as these incidences may be I fear not many people could have managed and a serious situation could easily arise. Steve is still so angry that his character has been affected by the stressful situation he was in, and yes I agree that probably things were managed badly, but maybe he hasn't got the strongest character either?  He continues to be the star of my Facebook page with people gushing over his good looks - he gets far more comments than those rather plain looking standard coats!!!!!