Friday 9 June 2023

Oh Siska!

More frustration yesterday with Siska, and a lovely walk left with a right dampener at the end. As we walked back towards the van Orin was following his nose through the reeds and suddenly 2 sheep jumped out in front of him. He gave them a look but carried on with his walk, Orin knows that you don't chase sheep! Of course Siska also knows that you don't chase sheep but again without her mother by her side to make the right decision, Siska took the wrong call! The sheep split and Siska followed the one that went right! I called and called but to no avail, to be honest as they were in the reeds I couldn't even see them. I decided the only thing I could do was take Orin to the van and go looking for Siska, by now I was stressed, seething and shaking. As O and I got to the gate I saw her running up the steep side on my left, by now the sheep were all scattering. I called again, she stopped, looked at me and looked at the sheep ... OMG she started to come back .. I called .. "Come on Siska, good girl, Siska come", as she arrived at the gate I wanted to batter her but common sense prevailed and I praised her for the recall. I also praised Orin who had remained, off the lead on the path the whole time. So here we go again ... "She's never done that before!" I swear she hasn't and we've had sheep cross our path in many a similar circumstance before. Again she made the wrong decision and though it could have been much, much worse this needs addressing now!