Friday 23 June 2023

Naughty Archie

I've spent the best part of the morning calling, looking, overthinking, dreading the worst and crying. I've checked all the cat beds, I've been around the garden, been on my hands and knees looking through the bushes, on the boncan looking through the trees, in the top field looking through his dens ... no sign. I've had totally logical thoughts which I've dismissed because of my state of mind and have remained illogical throughout. 
You see the thing is, like Jamie and Perry, Archie is always here in the morning. He likes to show off as I'm cleaning the yard he runs around chasing imaginary beings, he runs up the gate post and onto the shed roof, and we chat away as he waits to come in with me. On the odd morning that he's not there he's in the front garden and always comes, usually answering as he's called. As I have a cuppa before walking the dogs he demands his cuddle ... 
Now until Isla went missing I had never been a neurotic cat owner. I totally understand the different lifestyle to dogs, cats come and go as they please and in most cases I only require a daily check -in, even less with Luther as I have had to adjust to his ways ... but I need to see the others every morning, well, Jamie, Isla, Perry and Archie anyway ... I can cope with seeing Choo later in the day as that does happen. 
So after hours of searching and crying, where was he? Behind the sofa on a blanket that must had fallen down there ....