Friday 16 June 2023

Honey I'm Home

Of course a huge welcome when I got home this morning, bordering on a battering from Orin to be honest! Siska hadn't eaten whilst I was away but has tonight, to be honest I think the heat is affecting their appetite with Ross and Zeus also leaving their breakfast several times this week. 
I didn't sleep too well last night, the heat in that house was worse than here. I had the curtain and window open in the bedroom to try and get some air in. Really our stone cottage is better for keeping cool. What I didn't consider of course was that I would hear traffic, the bypass wasn't there when I lived there. So there was traffic, trains, seagulls and something that sounded like a donkey being murdered - which really could have been geese .. Oh I don't know. Anyway after midnight I guess all but the seagulls quietened down and that's when I became aware of the ticking clock, well it was lights on and move it to the bathroom. 
I came home earlier than I had anticipated, Mum just seem to want to rest her eyes and do nothing, she's a little sore but knows from having the other eye done that it's well worth a couple days discomfort.