Wednesday 17 May 2023

Zeus

This beautiful dog is loved and cherished, but I'm still sad that someone missed out on what they could have had. Hell, he's not perfect, but find me on that is. We get round the problems of no recall, he stays on the lead on the mountain and in the field he gets to run free. As you know his ball is tied to a rope, so in the field if I need to catch him I get my phone out and say "Photo," "Down and Wait" and he will, always. I pick up the end of the rope then take the photo before I can bring him home, he won't let go of the ball and walks back in no problem. If the rope comes off I have more of a problem and I have to go and get his mother to get him in!!!!  (and yes, I'm usually fuming by then)

With all the sheep on the right we went left today, but as ever you can never relax completely and mother and lamb were sheltering under smurf bridge. Again re-enforced in my mind, this dog can NEVER be off the lead on the mountain. He was totally focused on the sheep and even as I dragged him away he was looking back, looking back all the way to the van to be honest. 
The "Changes -2 years apart" photo of him on Facebook really has had some lovely comments. WOW he sure has changed, at the time I thought, well he isn't heavily coated, we'll manage, OMG 2 years on, and he's just so bloody hairy! Steve asked if I regret not showing him? No not at all, we should not be promoting dogs with cow hocks, weak pasterns and 10 to 2 feet, but that doesn't mean he isn't a stunning dog, just a stunning pet. Turn the clock back three years and I was struggling to chose between Orin and Zeus, going back there now, 100% my choice would be the same, but that doesn't mean that I'm not proud of this beautiful dog and where we are now with him. Winner of Blaniks twit of most weeks still mostly goes to Ross!