Friday 19 May 2023

Taz And Other Puppies

I wish I'd known then what I know now, if I'd have known I'd be in this situation I'd never have turned down the opportunity of having this beautiful bitch. It seems I have a habit of making the wrong decisions and for them to come back and bite me on the bum! As I'm sure you can tell this is an Orin daughter, he could never deny it, from his first litter to Arya. God it does make you think, we need to bite the bullet, grab our chances when they are there for us, life is for living and grabbing with both hands and not leave to regret later. I made a subtle enquiry about buying her now, her father would lend me the money I'm sure, but of course she is a well-loved pet and no amount of money is understandably ever enough is it! 
Maybe my vulnerable state is making me consider drastic actions, but I honestly did map out a route to those Vesco pups, good thing they are 4hrs18 mins away, in the light of day it was the wrong call. If I bring in another bitch it has to be an Orin daughter or one I could mate to him in future, these Vesco pups are out of a Fransisco daughter, with her mother line one I haven't researched of course, well as I came to my senses I had no need to.
I had another stud enquiry for O yesterday, a lovely LSH Polish import who I've seen a couple of times. I think his stud fee frightened them away, but I don't think he's expensive, I paid the same for his dad over three years ago, and it's still hundreds less than half the price of one puppy in the current market! Steve is ill in bed and I'm sitting here considering my options, shall I contact them and suggest I have a S/C bitch out of the litter rather than the stud fee? I could study the pedigree and get help from Katrina in an evening. But with the bitch being a LSH and Orin carrying the gene would there be any S/C bitches? A risk to take! Also, I always worry about bringing bitches in, but Sammi is very non-confrontational and Siska seems to get on with everything .. I don't know, like I said the sadness is not making me think straight - I need to give myself time to heal and I guess reevaluate the situation at a later date!