Saturday 13 May 2023

Hunger Strike

Had she conceived, Siska's puppies would have been due next weekend and I'm really struggling to get her to eat. From about 21 days after mating, she has only eaten about half of what she should in a day, and now I'm lucky to get that into her. Yes I'm adding things as I know this is hormonal, but it's not helping, on top of everything else I'm finding it extremely stressful, which won't help either! I guess I also have to consider that Siska is really missing her mother too. Though Kaiah and I found her very annoying on walks, they were close, Siska was always glued to her mother side. 
It would be so easy to ring Pat and ask her for one of her Vesco puppies right now, she has a stunning male who needs a show home. Yeah, it would probably help short term, but patience is a virtue .. so they tell me. Sensibly I have to wait, I know this bitch line inside and out and now it's even more imperative that this line carries on through Siska, I can't lose Kaiah from future pedigrees, I just can't!
Siska with Loki