Sunday 20 March 2022

The K Boys

 Loki (Basil), Merlin (Ken)
Zeus (Biscuit) Orin (Fudge)

With the wind whistling through Fron yesterday, I was glad I'd taken photos of the birthday boys the day before. I can't say we've experienced many a Spring wind that bad before. Steve had tried to go out to check on something about 10 am and told me to cancel any plans I may have had to go out! By the afternoon I could take being enclosed no more and foolishly I decided to go to the fields. Next time I swear I'll listen to my husband! 
I made the collage of the birthday boys and posted it on Facebook, tagging the owners in the post. I really wish people who should know better wouldn't post "that one is my favourite." This is not a dog show, this is a proud breeder showing how 4 males have turned out - 4 stunners, even if  I do say so myself. I kind of see a strong similarity between Loki B, Zeus and Orin - I see a lot of Fransisco in them as well as my bitch line, but Merlin to me, well he has a lot more of  Nico - Kiara in his appearance. I do understand everyone has a favourite, but a little consideration to all the owners before posting views on social media would be nice. 
Of course the question came in chat "two years on, knowing what you know would you make the same decision?"  Yes 100%, I had an idea from about 3 weeks old who the front-runner was, but took my time to commit. I said at the time it was one of the hardest decisions to make as I could see a reason for keeping all four. The 6 -8 week old puppy is said to be the pint size version of the adult and for me puppy Fudge ticked more of the boxes. Zeus was always stunning, and it was the closest I'd ever come to keeping a LSH, but Orin was just a little more pleasing to my eye. It would be unfair of me to comment on Loki B and Merlin from photos, but from what I see they too could have had potential to be show dogs. From a side profile Zeus and Orin would probably now be neck and neck, but Zeus' classic LSH weak pasterns and 10 to 2 front feet would let him down, as well as his slightly untidy hocks (Though they have improved). Being a little shorter in body length Zeus also paces if you don't move him at the right speed. Orin is longer, a little bit of length of body gives balance and more fluid outreaching movement. Of my two males, for show purpose and potential, I'm happy I made the right choice, but I'm over the moon that both boys are here with me now.
Baby O
Zeus