Friday 25 March 2022

Missing Cats

This morning I'm looking for Luther, I've been calling and calling but there's no sign of him. I'm well-used to Luther not being about, his time keeping is awful, but this morning I need to find him. He arrived home about 9pm last night and was lame on his front right, he was obviously in quite a bit of pain and very grouchy with Archie who went to see what all the fuss was about. I couldn't see  swelling or a bite but to be honest I didn't really get a proper look, poorly cats become tigers, or maybe in his case a panther! The decision made between us was that we'd try and have a proper look in daylight and see if he needed to go to the vets .. but this morning there is no sign of Luther! 
As I was out calling for him I heard a "meow" behind me, Hmmmm why didn't you come when I was calling your name for 11 months Princess? Obviously we've concluded that where ever she was, she was too far to hear us call, too far to even hear the dogs, but by this time last year Isla must have been so damn close, 2 weeks away from home! Yet no one saw her, practically the whole village knew she was missing, but there was not even a single sighting of her. I wonder, did she sleep by day and travel by night? She's very distinctive looking isn't she, I'm sure you'd do a double take if you saw her. I still look at the lost cat pages for North Wales, there is always feed back and sightings .. but we got nothing for Isla. It was like she had disappeared into thin air. I asked her again this morning, "where were you a year ago?" She said nothing! If Steve hadn't had been out with baby Siska that morning, I wonder how long it would have taken Isla to venture indoors? Maybe she'd have just been there waiting for breakfast?